Personal Identification Information
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation ‘Personal Data’ is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for the following information:
- Name, job title and/or trade
- Contact details, including email address, postal address, social network handle and telephone numbers
- Location, including additional addresses and GPS coordinates
- Computer device, including IP address, Mac address, browser fingerprint
- Communication, including telephone recordings, voice mail, email
- Transactional, including purchases, credit information if the business is a sole trader or partnership
Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may pass your personal data on to our service providers who are contracted to SNS Building Products in the course of our dealings with you. Our contractors are obliged to keep your details securely and use them only to fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf. Once your service need has been satisfied or the case has been closed, they will dispose of the details in line with SNS Building Product’s procedures.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
How We Use Collected Information
We use a combination of legitimate interest and gathering consent to process personal data, depending on the situation.
We are a specialist builders’ merchant, supplying products and services aimed at general builders, developers, roofers, carpenters, plasterers, ground workers and other specialist trades involved in the construction of residential and commercial properties. We have an active customer base and market our products and services to our customers and prospective customers. We only process any personal data in a way that you might reasonably expect and we consider to have minimal impact on your privacy.
If you are an individual or run a business as a sole trader or a partnership that is not related to the building and construction industry and haven’t previously entered into negotiation regarding prices with us, communicated with us, registered on our website or purchased from us, we will ask for your consent to process your data.
If you work for a Limited company, PLC, or similar, and we are processing your personal data, your rights under GDPR and PECR are unaffected unless we need them to satisfy a legal obligation or as part of a contract.
SNS Building Products may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- Internal record keeping: we use a system to record our customers’ names and contact details, along with dates of orders, what was ordered, brief descriptions of when our team have corresponded, met or talked to our customers, as well as delivery addresses and any names and contact details needed to get our goods to your site or supplied by customers as referees when opening a credit account.
- To improve our Site: We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments: We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- Delivery to site: We make sure that we have some contact details to help the driver deliver goods where they’re needed. This is usually a name and mobile number. Occasionally we use courier or delivery company to get our goods to site, or goods will need to be delivered direct by the manufacturer or our supplier; these are third parties working on our behalf and their obligations are detailed above.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature: To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
- CCTV and photography: we use CCTV systems. We use the footage to investigate issues as they arise. The majority of our fleet of vehicles have dashboard cameras recording the drivers’ journeys; we use this footage as evidence should any of the vehicles be involved in a road traffic incident or similar event.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Organisations that Process Data on our Behalf
In line with GDPR, we would like to inform you of any other organisations (processors) involved in the processing of your data. We have sought and have recorded assurances from other processors, where they are used.
If you would like a copy of this information then please contact us using the details below and we will happily provide it to you.
Couriers and delivery companies: we’re not always able to deliver direct to site using our own fleet of vehicles and use courier and delivery companies including BDT and DX.
We do not pass or sell personal data to any person or company that is not acting on our behalf.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Web Browser Cookies
Call Back Form
Data: name and phone.
Use: to call you back.
Data: name (first and last), email, mobile phone, plan files, subject, and message.
Use: to respond to your enquiry.
Request for Quote Form
Data: list of products requested for a quote, name, email, phone, plan files, delivery address, message.
Use: to provide you a quote for the products you are enquiring about.
Email Subscription (data sent to Mailchimp).
Data: name and email.
Use: to send you SNS product offerings, promotion events, and other SNS related information.
Cart data: products you’ve added to your shopping cart.
Use: a cookie is stored to keep track of what you have added to your cart so you can easily continue shopping, adding as many products to your cart as you would like, so you can perform one simple checkout once for all those products.
Checkout data: first name, last name, company name, country, billing address, phone, email, delivery address, credit/debit card number + card expiry + card security code.
Use: to process your order payment and complete delivery of your order to you.
My Account data: order history, saved billing and delivery address, account first and last name, account email, account password (encrypted – not shown).
Use: allows you to save your info to your account so that you can complete checkout for future orders faster. Your order history is available for your convenience to see what you have ordered from us through our website.
Product reviews data: customer first name and last initial + product review comments.
Use: Shows on products that you have purchased to share your experience and review of our products with other customers.
Data: username, name, password (encrypted, not shown).
Use: If you create an account on our site, your user account allows you to sign in to view your previous orders and save and/or update your billing and delivery info for a faster checkout.
Data: see Google’s terms of service. SNS cannot access any personal data through Google Analytics.
Under GDPR, SNS Building Products Ltd. is the Data Controller.
Our registered address is:
SNS Building Products Ltd
Reading RG2 0LU
You can call us on 0118 987 3344 between 6:30 am and 5.00 pm, Monday – Friday.
We don’t have a Data Protection Officer (DPO) and there is no requirement for us to appoint a DPO under the terms of the GDPR; contacting us using the details above will enable us to deal with any related enquiries.
This document was last updated on May 25, 2018.